This week we had to begin reviewing with fractions again. Throughout this whole week we have had to re teach and do numerous worksheets to further teach fractions. I had a small group at the back table for the ones really struggling and had the rest of the class moving on. This worked by having those students then continue to play the fraction games and further their practice with each other. The ones at the back table benefited from the small group and hands on approach. This relates to task 3 Planning for Differentiation.
Reading for non fiction cause and effect has been going very well so far. They had to work on their own this whole week and were very successful. Some students would ask to see the book immediately without thinking about the main idea, and I made them think for a while before I gave them text support. They will now be able to use non fiction cause and effect for their reader responses.
Writing has ended this week with writing introductions for their headings. They have finished writing the thick questions and that was the hardest part of this unit so far. The students partners were very helpful and were able to guide the others in the right direction as I was working with those who were very far behind. We will continue on after spring break with the introductions. This relates to Task 5 Instructional Delivery.
The science lessons have been going well and the students have really liked the hands on activities. I will be switching to social studies soon after spring break.
Reading for non fiction cause and effect has been going very well so far. They had to work on their own this whole week and were very successful. Some students would ask to see the book immediately without thinking about the main idea, and I made them think for a while before I gave them text support. They will now be able to use non fiction cause and effect for their reader responses.
Writing has ended this week with writing introductions for their headings. They have finished writing the thick questions and that was the hardest part of this unit so far. The students partners were very helpful and were able to guide the others in the right direction as I was working with those who were very far behind. We will continue on after spring break with the introductions. This relates to Task 5 Instructional Delivery.
The science lessons have been going well and the students have really liked the hands on activities. I will be switching to social studies soon after spring break.
Your blog has met many of the expected components this week. I want to remind you to review the IPTS. At this point in your student teaching experience you should be able to address several of the standards on a weekly basis to show connections, shifts in thinking and/or commitment to changing practice.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Dr. Austin
Seems you are connecting all the dots in your teaching,
ReplyDeleteScience, writing, reading, and even math.
Keep up the good work.
jim