Skip to main content

Anne Harris Week 7

Monday this week I was at Trinity. I finished all of task one and picked my two clips I will be using for task two. It was a very productive day.

Tuesday there was a sub, so it was my first day to teach the whole day. The sub let me take over and he was there as more of an aide. It was really nice of him to allow that. The day went very well and I think I handled it all with me best effort. I felt comfortable doing it, especially subjects I have yet to teach. I am glad I had that experience.This relates to Standard 2 Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge because I was able to teach all subjects from experiences I have had with the students observing.
I am finished up teaching point of view on Friday. I started this lesson all on my own and they finished strong. I feel like this lesson was a success and I am happy that I am in complete control of the reading for the class. We are still learning black history month facts and working on different people for social studies. I am mostly in control of this subject, but my cooperating teacher helps when needed. Math is something we talked about me co-teaching and slowly take over. Fractions are starting next Thursday, and that is when this transition will happen. This relates to Standard 4 Learning Environment because the students respect me more as a teacher now and I feel confident that they will continue that respect in the classroom.

I feel good as how everything is going. I am hoping to finish my task 2 this weekend.

Comments

  1. Ms. Harris,
    Thank you for your reflection. I wonder about some examples of what you did on Tuesday that confirmed the level of comfort you felt. It sounds like you are pretty comfortable with ELA as you finished up point of view and sharing more details you would be able to make additional connections with some of the standards.
    Dr. Austin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne Harris Week 15

This week we have continued working with our skill leveled groups on fractions. There are five students who are excelling in fractions and four who are still struggling very much. I have made different worksheets and activities for these students to help them remember the strategies we have been using since we began this chapter. This relates to Standard 1 and 3. It seems we are going to be on this for a lot longer than anticipated. Moving forward with reading and comparing, setting, plot, and theme the students began working with their partners to utilize this comprehension strategy. They have been doing amazing at this and I am very impressed with their work on this. They should be just fine working independently at the end of next week. Their success relates to Standard 2 and 6. We have been doing more land form reading on Epic Reading online and the students have been able to find interesting facts to write in their social studies notebook on each. The students enjoy listening ...

Anne Harris Week 8

This week the class started to learn how to use the online version of the PARCC test. This is new to the elementary grades this year, so they had to learn all the tools. This seems very complicated for them and a lot of work. The PARCC test is something I have learned about throughout Trinity, but to actually see the example tests verifies how hard this test can be. I assisted with the students as the teacher showed what to do on her computer on the board. During reading I am learning how to do the small groups. This relates to Standard 1 Teaching Diverse Students, because the students are split into their groups by their reading level. My teacher has allowed me to watch her do a few and this week I am starting to take that over. We just began these because the DRA testing has ended. I went to the 3rd grade DRA meeting, which was very informative. I like how the teachers and the reading specialists/ELL teachers all work together to come up with solutions/interventions for the childre...

Anne Harris Week 6

This week I started and finished my video taping for the edTPA. The kids did very good not paying attention to the camera and worked with each other very well each day. This relates to Standard 4 Learning Environment because even though there was some seat changes and a camera, they knew to still stay on task. I know what two days I want to use for my clips, but I still need to figure out exactly what parts I should use. I learned that planning ahead exactly is very hard, especially with the edTPA lesson plans, so I do need to adjust those, because we did not move long as I thought me would. Other than that, the students understand the concept of point of view much better now than they did on Tuesday. I learned the importance of exit slips and to explain questions you ask in more detail. Over all I still some things to do to finish up task 1 and I plan to have that done on Sunday so I can use Monday to work on task 2 at Trinity. I also continued to teach the lesson on Ruby Bridges. The...