This week I started and finished my video taping for the edTPA. The kids did very good not paying attention to the camera and worked with each other very well each day. This relates to Standard 4 Learning Environment because even though there was some seat changes and a camera, they knew to still stay on task. I know what two days I want to use for my clips, but I still need to figure out exactly what parts I should use. I learned that planning ahead exactly is very hard, especially with the edTPA lesson plans, so I do need to adjust those, because we did not move long as I thought me would. Other than that, the students understand the concept of point of view much better now than they did on Tuesday. I learned the importance of exit slips and to explain questions you ask in more detail. Over all I still some things to do to finish up task 1 and I plan to have that done on Sunday so I can use Monday to work on task 2 at Trinity. I also continued to teach the lesson on Ruby Bridges. The students are doing very well working in their groups with this. This relates to Standard 5 Instructional Delivery because they understood my directions and stayed on task the whole time.
My teacher is still teaching all of the math. I like her use of math games and I see the benefit in them. She has also just started a new writing unit. We have talked about my transition into co-teaching it and then taking over writing. The unit we started will be until the end of the year, so there is a lot she wants to show me before I take over myself. We have a plan for that.
Overall, everything is going well and I am glad that my video taping is over. I am excited to finish task one and two by next week.
My teacher is still teaching all of the math. I like her use of math games and I see the benefit in them. She has also just started a new writing unit. We have talked about my transition into co-teaching it and then taking over writing. The unit we started will be until the end of the year, so there is a lot she wants to show me before I take over myself. We have a plan for that.
Overall, everything is going well and I am glad that my video taping is over. I am excited to finish task one and two by next week.
ReplyDeleteYour week 6 blog discusses what has occurred over the week with good examples. You also show an understanding of the IPTS standards, best practices and program outcomes through your reflections. Keep up the pace with adding onto your teaching load, it sounds like it is benefical to you.
Best,
Dr. Austin
I'm glad everything is going well and your video taping was a success.
DeleteHope your day at Trinity 2/19 was beneficial. looking forward to seeing
at this week for another observation.
Stay dry,
jim