Week 5 was the start of me taking over all of reading. But, to start, I did a lot of grading for math and took detailed notes on how she taught her math lesson that she is very particular about. This week I also brought my camera in to test out the class and to see their reactions. My teacher explained what the camera was for and to not mess with it. I also reiterated why it was there and how it is for college. They did very well with it and I even recorded the lesson I did on Wednesday. I found the spot I will use for the actual taping for the edTPA and I am glad I had the chance to bring it in early to test it out. I had my observation this week and that went well too. The students really enjoy reading and listening to the Magic Tree House books. This relates to Standard 6 Reading Writing and Oral Communication because they use all these for listening to the book and writing a response that makes sense. I was also in charge of the social studies MLK door decorating project. This was a nice challenge to have because it was a good experience to try to help all the students at once with different things. We finally finished the door on Thursday and it looks great. The students learned a lot more about MLK and took this assignment seriously. They were engaged when I was reading the book to them and participated in their group discussions. This relates to Stand 5 Instructional Delivery because they understood what they needed to read, do, and print out.
I observed more DRA testing and after each one my teacher would go over how that student did and showed me the overall scoring of it. This seems like something I will understand once I actually do it. I observed her math lessons and I like I said before took great notes so when I do get to take over that subject too I can be ready.
My teacher and I have discussed what I will be doing for the edTPA and I am all planned for Tuesday-Friday to start and finishing taping. I feel very good about what I need to do and I feel prepared. My teacher was helpful in answering my questions and helping me figure out how I am going to tape the focus students and strategically get it all taped. I plan to finish all of task 1 by Monday. Going into week 6 I feel much better about all of the literacy and where I am headed. I can see this turning out very well and I hope I have no issues with the taping.
This week was a short week. Thursday 1/2 day with teacher conferences, which I am attending and No school Friday because of snow.
I observed more DRA testing and after each one my teacher would go over how that student did and showed me the overall scoring of it. This seems like something I will understand once I actually do it. I observed her math lessons and I like I said before took great notes so when I do get to take over that subject too I can be ready.
My teacher and I have discussed what I will be doing for the edTPA and I am all planned for Tuesday-Friday to start and finishing taping. I feel very good about what I need to do and I feel prepared. My teacher was helpful in answering my questions and helping me figure out how I am going to tape the focus students and strategically get it all taped. I plan to finish all of task 1 by Monday. Going into week 6 I feel much better about all of the literacy and where I am headed. I can see this turning out very well and I hope I have no issues with the taping.
This week was a short week. Thursday 1/2 day with teacher conferences, which I am attending and No school Friday because of snow.
Ms. Harris,
ReplyDeleteYour blog continues to show the progress you are making and experiences you are taking part in during your experiences. Good luck with your taping, it sounds like you took steps to plan for this including talking to the students in advance.
Dr. Austin